Congo Initiative (CI) and Université Chrétienne Bilingue du Congo (UCBC)
Congo Initiative is an envisioned community of Christ-centered Congolese leaders and global partners united for the transformation of lives and a flourishing Democratic Republic of Congo.
Our vision is simple.
- Live by faith and with confidence.
- Work hard for the common good.
- Forgive and be forgiven.
- Do not dwell in the past or conform to the pattern of the world.
- Do something new and be transformed by renewing your mind.
Empowered by this vision, Congo Initiative educates ethical leaders who have integrity; invests in a sustainable vibrant Congolese society; and develops grassroots initiatives for peace, hope, and justice.
(taken directly from the CI website)
So, what does CI do?
Many things. We—
- Educate the next generations of Congolese through the university, a primary school, and a “feeder” school.
- Empower women by providing education and vocational training and engaging women in leadership.
- Equip Christian communities by meeting needs of hurting families and developing local church leaders.
- Elevate peace and justice through counseling and trauma healing, promoting creation care and economic and ecological sustainability, and building up ethical legal professionals.
- Engage current issues through research and actively participate in local concerns as land conflict and economic empowerment.
The Democratic Republic of Congo
The Democratic Republic of Congo is a land of unparalleled beauty and natural wealth. Mineral resources, rainforests, and an abundance of lakes and rivers make Congo one of the most richly endowed countries on Earth. Congo’s greatest strength though is its people, who are rich in faith, courage, and hope.